Friday, February 9, 2007

This is where I came to be!

Every now and then when travelling you have a moment that reminds you of the images you had of the place before you'd seen it. I coined a saying that Doria agreed really captured this: "There is where I came to be". Here are three of those moments.

First, a glimpse out the window of our riad in Marakesh.

A stroll through the high Atlas. This is just an hour's drive from the intensity of Marakesh.

Well, maybe Marakesh can seem crazy and crowded, but the garden of the 12-century Katubiya mosque always filled me with a sense of peace. This is where I came to be!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey guys, very nice blog. I liked it. I liked your journey.
Known as the "Red City" Marrakesh is the capital of the south. The atmosphere is distinctly more African than that of the other Imperial cities, Fez, Rabat and Meknes.
I have been there only once, but it was enough to fall in love with this fascinating city.